Timberdale Ranch Owners Association
Executive Session of Board of Directors meeting minutes
Location: Timberdale Ranch, CR 504 Bayfield, CO
Date: October 22, 2019
Tim Block, Lucy Bryson, Jamie Enns, Kelly James, Elizabeth Lutes, Jim Tencza and Brad Treadwell
Tracy Cross – legal representative
Meeting was called to order by Jim Tencza at 6:09 pm and then adjourned to executive session. Board adjourned into executive session to discuss with Tracy the lawsuit which has been filed by the Hedemarks against TROA.
Executive Session was closed at 7:21 pm and a general meeting followed.
1. At the recommendation of our attorney, the Board will be reviewing TROA’s governing documents and comparing them to current state HOA regulations.
2. We discussed the new wood stove for the caretaker’s house. Because of the time of year, Kelly is having difficulty getting return calls from local wood stove dealers and stores. The idea was discussed of running a stove pipe all the way up the existing chimney when we replace the stove. We’ll be replacing the old wood stove with a new one that has a blower for better efficiency.
3. Elizabeth made a motion and Tim 2nd it and we all were in favor of having the tractor door repaired. Preston has talked to SW AG and the repair will cost between $600-1,000 including installation.
4. Brad and Jim reviewed what Preston has been working on:
a. The truck batteries have been replaced.
b. The bolts have been replaced on the back blade of the tractor.
c. Snow plow for the tractor has been fixed.
d. Preston will repair the front porch on the caretakers’ house instead of TROA hiring an outside contractor.
e. We need to buy new chains for the plow truck and Jim volunteered to do a little research on-line for better pricing.
5. After reviewing this year’s budget and with the added expense of legal fees incurred by TROA we decided to hold off on replacing the windows in the cabin until next year.
6. Jamie asked for input with regards to the budget for 2020. We’ll hold a meeting in December to get the budget approved.
7. Brad had spoken with Jason Kaminsky about cleaning out the cattle guard at the entrance and we all agreed with the current situation that we should hire someone else. We decided to wait until next year to have that project done.
8. Tim made a motion and Jim 2nd it and we all were in favor of having Brad and Preston go ahead and repair Hilltop North Drive up to the Lutes and Gladding residences. We agreed to $1,500 for the project.
9. Jim suggested the association invest in a tool set for the caretaker to have for repairs instead of having to borrow from homeowners. We decided to put it in next year’s budget.
10.TROA now has accounts at Napa, Southwest Ag and Lewis Merc. Preston, Brad and Kelly are authorized signers.
11.Budget discussion for next year.
a. An additional line item for the budget next year will be for miscellaneous items; signs, toolbox, etc.
b. Snow removal will be taken out of road maintenance and given its own account
Meeting was adjourned at 8:00 pm
Next Executive Session is scheduled for November 5, 2019 at 6pm